"Mia was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. I interviewed multiple photographers and loved her from the first conversation. She spent a great deal of time planning with us over the phone before we arrived at the cape so that she understood exactly the timing, the plan, the scene, the feeling of our wedding day. She is a true journalistic, story-telling, photographer, so it was very important to her to know the background, the people, and our narrative. She worked tirelessly; she never stopped shooting and editing, until she had that perfect shot. Our wedding was intimate, only 19 people. Mia completely understood our vision and worked with us to keep that feeling, both in the moment, as a professional, and to represent it, in our photographs. Mia never gives up. She'll work until you are perfectly satisfied. She is a truly lovely person to partner with. We felt very connected to her and happy to have such a joyful presence at our celebration. And after all that? Her work is stunning." Grace & Mike
We were on the Cape for the first time this (past) Summer and we were lucky enough to have Mia take family pictures for us. She was an absolute joy! She went out of her way to come by our house before our scheduled beach shoot to try to get a few pictures with my dogs and they ended up being some of my favorites - a fantastic accident. After that we headed out to the beach, a spot she chose, and the pictures are nothing short of breathtaking. I will treasure them forever - I can't recommend her enough. We had 3 generations (including 2 teenage boys) and 2 dogs and she got beautiful shots of everyone! What I really appreciated was that she went out of her way to make sure I (mom) looked good because let's be honest, if I don't like the way I look I'm going to hate the whole picture! lol She's not only super talented but also smart!! Angie
Mia is not just a wedding photographer, she is an artist that uses digital media as her canvas, your desires as her inspiration coupled with the colors of the world around us. She not only captures moments and portraits but she captures the story of your love.
Mia will never say "ok, we're done" instead she'll say "wait, just one more", "oh, the light, just one more". Mia's "just one more" has given us the most beautiful wedding pictures telling our story! I suggest you have Mia tell yours.- Ed & Cathy
We had a wonderful experience with Mia! She was very warm, yet professional. And she took beautiful photos. Here are some things we appreciated about her and reasons we preferred her over the many other photographers we contacted:
(1) She was waaaaaaay warmer and friendlier when I first contacted her than any other photographer I spoke with. She asked about what we were celebrating, what kinds of photos we would like, etc. And she repeated many times that she wants to make sure she gets all the photos we want. Many of the other photographers I spoke with sounded so transactional.
(2) Unlike many of the Cape Cod family photographers I contacted, she offered a "simple" package (which is all we wanted) - - family photo shoot with the digital images.
(3) There were three small children in our group and she was great with them!
(4) None of us had done anything like this before (aside from our weddings!) and she very quickly put us at ease and made us all feel very comfortable. She actually made the photo shoot fun!
(5) As warm and sweet as she was, she also took the job of taking photos very seriously. She seemed determined to get every group/"permutation" shot right and would maneuver herself (e.g., run around and get down in the sand) to get the right shot.
(6) She was really flexible! It started to rain right as we began making our way from West Harwich to Chatham Lighthouse Beach for the photo shoot. But the forecast looked like it might clear. She called me when the rain began. She told me that she would still meet us for the shoot (a good 20 or so minute drive from her home I think) and we would just find another day/time if the rain continued.
I highly recommend Mia if you are looking for someone you can talk with easily, who takes great photos, and who makes the process enjoyable all around. Bay
While my extended family was vacationing in Cape Cod, we organized an photo session of the whole group with Mia. She was wonderful to work with! The weather wasn't cooperating the day of our original shoot, so we moved it to the following morning. She was prompt, met us at our hotel and led us to the photo locations. She was so easy to work with and did a great job of coordinating our large group of 15 ranging in age from 75 to 18 months. We would happily schedule with her again. We can't wait to see the full range of images she took. The few we have seen so far have been wonderful. The lighting is great and she really captured our personalities! Thanks Mia!- Kate
We were lucky enough to have Mia take our family's photos over the 4th of July week. She was very flexible to work with in terms of scheduling and locations for our photos. She took an extraordinary amount of time to get just the right shots, lighting, combination of people, and locations. Mia went above and beyond to help us engage two infant twins who were not so excited about their first photo shoot. Despite some tears from the babies, she calmly kept working, determined not to miss the perfect moment. Once the photo gallery arrived, we were all thrilled with the photos. The colors were beautiful and there were so many great ones to choose from.
Thanks Mia!! You will not be disappointed with Mia.- Suzzane
We truly enjoyed our time with Mia, for the second year in a row, during our Cape vacation. During our first year she was working hard to corral two kids from two different families at different stages (one walking, one crawling), and the results were beautiful images of both children, both families, and each family. This year Mia was working against a very hot, sunny day, and yet she found a spot and a way to get our active 2 year old to stop, play and smile for the camera amid challenging conditions. Mia uses her extensive experience with children and families to make for as comfortable a situation as possible, and also helps you to look your best for these keepsakes!- Meline
We hired Beach Plum to do last minute family pictures for a surprise 40th wedding anniversary for my in-laws on Cape Cod. The pics are absolutely amazing and Mia was so accommodating - arriving early/staying late to capture extra images. Patient with the kids and able to get them to smile even when they were fully disinterested in taking pics. Mia also does pics in NYC/BK so we will certainly be using her again in NY as well. Highly recommended - found on yelp - and so felt the need to give the kudos and let everyone know how great she was!- M. From Manhattan